It’s about time our fair city celebrated the fine pleasures of Herringbone, Bow Ties, and Bicycles! We refuse to endure anymore spandex! Nor will we sully ourselves by “corking” — or whatever it is the kids call it these days.
Our fine brethren in jolly old England really know how to sport a cap, so I say, so shall we!
Thus, February 12th will mark the inaugural Thursday Tweed Ride!
Break out your dashing wool finery, smartly set that cap on your head, straighten your tie, and join us for a fine ride through the grand city of San Francisco!
We will sally forth from the gorgeous Dolores Park near the majestic bell at the 19th Street entrance. The ride will begin at 6:30pm and from there we will peddle a winding course through the streets — waving to all the beautiful faces we see along the way.
Of course as it is February, it may be brisk out and maybe even a little wet, but your wool should keep you warm and dry! However, if the cold still seeps through never fear as our destination is Irish coffee at the marvelous Tosca Cafe!
UPDATE: Contest Details!
- Most Dapper Chap
- Most Snappy Lass
- Most Stylish Vintage Steed
- Most Inspired Interpretation of Tweediness
- Best Mustache ‚Äî open to both lads and inventive lasses
- As Feb 12th is also Darwin’s Birthday, we may have a special prize for any Darwin look-a-likes that show up!
More contest info and prize details can be found on A Tweed Primer.
For more Tweedy inspiration, traipse on over to A Tweed Primer. Also, I suggest perusing photos and video of the recent Jan 24th London Tweed Run:
- Write up and photos from the London Tweed Run on Arkitip
- London Tweed Run photos by Matthew J. Shaw
- London Tweed Run photos by Roxy Dammit
- Video from the London Tweed Run (via the Riding Pretty Blog)
- The Tweed Cycling Club
- The London fixed-gear and single-speed forum post that started it all The Tweed Run
Thursday Tweed Ride!
6:30pm ‚Äî Start at Dolores Park (at the 19th St. Bell)
7:00pm ‚Äî meet up with East Bay Tweed at 16th St Mission BART*
Ends at Tosca Cafe.
*NOTE: The first BART train that allows bikes into the city arrives at 16th St. at 6:45pm. For more schedule info visit Bart.gov
NEW WEBSITE! For more Tweed and info about the next Tweed Ride visit SFTweed.comTags: announcement, art, bicycle, blogs, bow tie, cycling, etc., events, fun, San Francisco - art, tweed